Everything you see or don’t see around is composed of energy. Acupuncture is a treatment method that provides the regulation of life energy flowing through the energy/meridian channels in our body by stimulating some specialized points/receptors and ultimately aims to build up the balance/homeostasis in our energy and physical body.
What are the different styles of acupuncture?
Acupuncture is of Chinese origin but spread over Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Europe and America. As a result of this different styles were developed.
Effect Mechanisms of Acupuncture
- Analgesic effect:
– It is obtained by raising the threshold of pain.
– The blood buildup of the organs and tissues are provided.
– It is obtained by releasing endorphin.
- Sedation effect: It is obtained by arising of substances such as serotonin and endorphin in brain.
- Homeostatic effect: It is obtained with the regulation of perspiration, renal, heart and respiratory functions by balancing the sympathetic and parasympathetic system
- Immune-enhancing effect
A rise is provided on antibodies and immunoglobulins
- Progress on motor functions
-Individual’s capacity to work rises and the energy of the sportsmen rises more.
-Helps to strengthen the muscle, bone and tendon structure.
-Accelerates the regeneration of knee, lumbar and foot traumatization.
How many sessions are needed for treatment?
10 sessions on acute episodes and 15 sessions on chronic episodes are applied. However, the number of the sessions may vary according to the clinical process of the illness.
What are the other treatment techniques besides needles?
Electro-acupuncture is the use of low electric current on needles.
Laser-acupuncture is the stimulation of the acupuncture points with laser.
Is acupuncture a risky treatment?
Acupuncture is a very trustworthy method…
Today most of the drugs used for treatment such as cortisone, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, interferon, thyroid hormones, and acetylcholine are actually produced inside the body. These mechanisms are activated with the acupuncture treatment.
“DON’T FORGET! HEALTH AND HEALING IS INSIDE YOU DISCOVER IT”
Dr. Ceyhun NURİ
For further information please contact us through our contact information